OpenEdge Pharmacy Solutions offer an array of payments-related products and services to meet the demands of your customers. Security, mobile payments and pharmacy-specific services are all part of an integration what will build your customer base and keep pharmacies using your product. Here’s a snapshot of the payment services available for pharmacies…
FSA, HSA, SIGIS
OpenEdge supports Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Spending Accounts (HSA). In fact, OpenEdge representatives will help your pharmacy customers complete SIGIS registration to accept health benefit cards.
Pharmacies using the OpenEdge integration can accept:
- -ACH Check
Pharmacies can rent or own the iSC Touch 480 (with oversized touchscreen) or the iSC 250 for checkout lane hardware options. Both units support EMV, signature capture and NFC contactless payments.
Apple Pay & Android Pay
OpenEdge allows pharmacy customers to pay with the latest mobile NFC-enabled technologies.
The Edge Shield Security Bundle
Edge Shield is an advanced security services bundle intended to protect credit card data, prevent counterfeit fraud, and enhance payment processing security. Through a unique collection of complementary security solutions, Edge Shield delivers one of the industry’s most secure payments platforms. Edge Shield includes:
- The OpenEdge EMV Solution. This fraud-reduction technology protects card issuers, merchants and consumers from losses due to the use of counterfeit and stolen payment cards at the point-of-sale. EMV smart cards are embedded with a chip that interacts with a merchant’s point-of-sale device, ensuring the card is authentic and belongs to the user. This chip technology is virtually impossible to duplicate. The technology helps insulate developers from complex device driving and card brand certifications.
- P2P Encryption. OpenEdge’s proprietary encryption is designed to render cardholder data unreadable, encrypted at the device. Pharmacists are unable to view card numbers after the swipe or hand-key.
- Token Vault. Cardholder data is replaced by digital “tokens” based on this technology. Sensitive data is stored in the secure OpenEdge vault rather than in the POS environment.
- PA-DSS 3.0 Out-of-Scope. Payment applications are rendered out-of scope with Edge Shield, eliminating cumbersome PCI validation requirements.
- PCI ASSURE. Edge Shield includes the PCI ASSURE program to help pharmacists simplify PCI compliance with online access to security self-assessment questionnaires, network scans, and custom security profiles generated from processing activity.
Many rely on medication refills on a predictable schedule, so pharmacies often maintain cards on file for these recurring transactions. While convenient, there’s a potential downside – declined payments resulting from lost, expired or outdated card information. Decline Minimizer automatically updates expired and outdated card information stored in our Managed Payer Data Vault daily. The process is virtually invisible to your customers, yet they’ll notice the impact on their businesses — fewer card declines and more approvals.
Gift & Loyalty
Pharmacies often use can gift cards to prompt additional spending. The OpenEdge Gift Card Program offers:
- -Secure real-time gift transaction processing
- -Quality branded gift card production
- -In-store displays and merchandising
- -Complete program activity reporting